The Iowa-Nebraska Equipment Dealers Association (INEDA) is pleased to announce that the application period for the 2023-2024 Andrew Goodman Scholarship is now open.
The deadline to apply is Friday, April 14, 2023.
The Andrew Goodman Scholarship Program was created to address the shortage of dealership personnel and to attract and nurture homegrown talent. This dealer-driven scholarship program helps dealers financially support and train those aspiring toward management, technical, sales, or administrative positions within the dealership.
INEDA will provide matching scholarships up to $1,500 for the 2023-2024 academic year, which means if a dealer commits $1,500 in funding, INEDA will match the scholarship with $1,500, for a grand total of $3,000.
Since 2008, INEDA has awarded 598 scholarships totaling $820,000 to applicants who are enrolled as full-time students in a “dealer-approved” higher education curriculum.
The Andrew Goodman Scholarship is available to all employees/potential employees of Iowa-Nebraska Equipment Dealers Association (INEDA) member dealerships, subject to the following conditions:
- Employees/potential employees must be approved by the dealer principal for training, re-training, or professional advancement.
- The employee/potential employee must be accepted or enrolled in a higher education curriculum approved by the dealer principal as training applicable to the dealership’s needs.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full-time in the approved course of study. Both two-and four-year programs are eligible.
- The dealer principal must be willing to provide matching scholarship funds in an amount up to $1,500 (matched by INEDA up to $1,500) and must be a current INEDA member or a member of a regional equipment dealers association in good standing.
- A minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA is required for all new applicants (3.0 GPA for renewal applicants). The student’s most recent transcripts must be submitted with the scholarship application.
Applying for the scholarship takes less than 20 minutes. Students can apply online.
The following information is required to submit an application:
- Contact information for the dealership
- Contact information for the financial aid office at their school
- A PDF of their most recent school transcript
- Contact information for their hometown newspaper
If you or your applicants have any questions about the scholarship program or application process, please contact Will Rogers at 515-669-1648 or email@example.com.