2023-2024 Andrew Goodman Scholarship
Here's what you need to get started:
- Contact information for your dealership
- Contact information for the financial aid office at your school
- A PDF of your most recent school transcript
- Contact information for your hometown newspaper
If you have any questions during the application process, please contact Will Rogers at 515-669-1648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Andrew Goodman Scholarship
The Iowa-Nebraska Equipment Dealers Association (INEDA) is pleased to announce the availability of a limited number of Andrew Goodman Scholarships to help train current and potential Iowa and Nebraska equipment dealership employees. INEDA will provide matching scholarships up to $1,500 for the 2023-2024 academic year, which means if a dealer commits $1,500 in funding, INEDA will match the scholarship with $1,500, for a grand total of $3,000.
The Andrew Goodman Scholarship program was created to address the shortage of dealership personnel and to attract and nurture homegrown talent. This dealer-driven scholarship program helps dealers financially support and train those aspiring toward management, technical, sales or administrative positions within the dealership.
Application Due Date
All applications must be submitted by Friday, April 14, 2023. Scholarships will be awarded by no later than Friday, May 5, 2023 and recipients will be notified immediately thereafter. No scholarship funds for the 2023-2024 school year will be disbursed after August 1, 2023.
The Andrew Goodman Scholarship is available to all employees/potential employees of Iowa-Nebraska Equipment Dealers Association (INEDA) member dealerships, subject to the following conditions:
- Employees/potential employees must be approved by the dealer principal for training, re-training or professional advancement.
- The employee/potential employee must be accepted or enrolled in a higher education curriculum approved by the dealer principal as training applicable to the dealership’s needs. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full-time in the approved course of study. Both two-and four-year programs are eligible.
- The dealer principal must be willing to provide matching scholarship funds in an amount up to $1,500 (matched by the Association up to $1,500) and must be a current INEDA member or a member of a regional equipment dealers association in good standing.
- A minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA is required for all new applicants (3.0 GPA for renewal applicants). The student’s most recent transcripts must be submitted with the scholarship application.